Privacy Statement and Notice of Information Practices
Harbor Life Corp. (Harbor Life) respects the privacy rights of all policy owners and insureds who choose to sell their life insurance policies (Sellers) through its website (Site). This Privacy Statement and Notice of Information Practices provides details about Harbor Life's privacy policies and explains Harbor Life's practices concerning the handling of the information shared by Sellers through this Site.
As a Seller on this Site, you understand and agree that:
- Personally identifiable information (PII) about you, including information concerning your identity, your financial information, and your health and medical information, is collected and used as part of the process of obtaining quotations and offers to purchase your policy. Some of this information may be collected from persons other you, such as third parties from whom Harbor Life is authorized to collect your PII. Harbor Life collects this information, along with other personal or privileged information that may be obtained in connection with the life settlement quote, and sends it to licensed life settlement entities who may present you with quotations for, and offers to purchase, your policy. This information is non-public, and is used solely for this purpose. Please be aware, however, that individual instances of disclosure may occur without your specific authorization.
- The information that you provide to Harbor Life will be shared by Harbor Life with licensed life settlement entities that must receive the information in order to facilitate offers for the settlement of your policy and any eventual life insurance settlement transaction involving your policy. The information may also be shared with law enforcement agencies, courts, or other persons or parties seeking that information legally and through legal processes.
- A right of access and correction exists with respect to all PII collected by Harbor Life. You must contact Harbor Life if you wish to change or correct the information you have provided through this Site.
- A more detailed notice providing information about Harbor Life's insurance information practices, including your right to access and correct your information, will be provided to you upon request.
- This Site will install tracking cookies to your web browser for the purpose of understanding how you use this Site as well as helping Harbor Life recognize you as a new or returning user. The data gained from these tracking cookies is not personally identifiable information and consists of only general information such as location, which browser you are using, and how you came to this Site (whether you clicked a link or typed in the address). This data does not enable Harbor Life to record your name or any information that will tell Harbor Life who you are. Further, no other parties collect PII about your online activities over time or across different websites as the result of your use of this Site. The information collected by these cookies is only used for:
- Tracking the effectiveness of Harbor Life's marketing campaigns;
- Improving the Site, its content, and Harbor Life's services; and
- Helping Harbor Life to develop new services or features for the users of this Site.
- Tracking cookies may be turned off from within the settings menu of your web browser. Turning off tracking cookies will prevent this Site from remembering your information, which may result in a less personalized experience and may require you to input information you may have already entered if you are a returning user. It will not, however, otherwise affect your experience in using this Site.
- This Privacy Statement and Notice of Information Practices is effective as of August 23, 2017.
- Material changes to this Privacy Statement and Notice of Information Practices will be posted on this Site. Please be aware that, by your continued use of this Site following the posting of such material changes, you consent to any such changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Harbor Life.